Marketing Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Marketing Tips
- • Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist with Fascination
- • How to Stand Out in a 3-Second World
- • 3 Keys for Reaching an Entitled Generation
- • Incredible One-Liners: Crafting a Magical Sentence to Grow Your Business
- • 3 Ways to Sabotage Your Next Direct Mail Piece (And How to Market Smarter)
- • Marketing to the Smallest Viable Audience
- • 5 Reasons to Consider a Rebrand for Your Business
- • Build Your Brand with the 4 P’s of Marketing
- • 5 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- • How Magnetic Marketing Cements Customer Loyalty
- • How to Persuade Prospects to Say Yes
- • How to Make Your Idea Stick
- • How to Perfect Your Sales Copy
- • The Power of Simplicity in Marketing
- • Funnel Your Efforts in the Right Direction
- • Only As Strong As Your Weakest Touch Point
- • Smart Companies Get People Talking
- • 6 Steps To Customer-Centric Writing
- • Sell With Words That Inspire
- • Creating a Category of One
- • Four Keys to Building Customer Relations
- • Eye-Stopping Headlines
- • Powerful Business Cards
- • Design Direct Mail That Sells
- • Create a Great New Logo
Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist with Fascination
Are you captivating your audience with your marketing?
The art of fascination will draw in your prospects and customers and get them intensely focused on you. But how do you fascinate your audience? You use one of these seven languages of fascination.
Innovation is the language of creativity.
When you create something new, you are challenging assumptions and helping people to think in new ways. Think outside the box and be bold!
Relationship marketing draws us in, helping us to become emotionally connected to the brand and connecting us to something bigger than ourselves. Think “expressive, optimistic, sensory, warm and social” in your marketing.
Market with authority and confidence.
When your brand uses the Power language, it is “assertive, goal-oriented, decisive, purposeful and opinionated.” Think competitive and strong beliefs that tote your product above the others.
Prestige is the language of excellence, exclusivity, achievement, and value.
Prestige is when your brand communicates being “better” rather than just good. People want to wear your logo on their shirts or purse. People want others to see their car, shirt, device, etc. and think higher of them because of it.
Trust touts stability and is all about building a strong business name that everyone recognizes.
Trust is the store that you know you can trust to match prices or let you return something without a headache. Think “stable, dependable, familiar, comforting, and predictable.”
Mystique is the language of listening.
This brand knows “when to talk, and when to be quiet.” It provokes questions to be asked, and it’s somewhat mysterious. Companies reveal information a little at a time rather than all at once.
Mystique brands are “observant, calculated, private, curiosity provoking, and substantive.” You only hear from these brands in a calculated way to spark interest.
Alert is the language of details.
These brands create a sense of urgency, forcing consumers
to act. If you use the Alert language, you don’t just use details, “you revel in them.” Typically, this type of advertising uses the “unless you act now...” method, you will lose your opportunity to buy this. It prompts action because people are afraid to wait.
No matter what language your company uses, these different languages of fascination will help your company expand how you reach your customers. How do you want to be perceived? Once you know that, you can choose which language style to use. Maybe this is the fresh start you’ve been looking for.
by Sally Hogshead
How can your brand become impossible to resist? Master marketer Sally Hogshead reveals the surprising answers, providing readers with a framework to fascinating anyone.
The word “fascinate” comes from the Latin word fascinare, meaning “to bewitch or hold captive so others are powerless to resist.” Fascination is the most powerful force of attraction, drawing customers into a state of intense focus.
This extensively revised and updated edition includes Hogshead’s latest research on the science of fascination. Combining original case studies with award-winning copywriting experience, she gives you the exact words you need to capture the attention of a distracted world.
Dive into the science of fascination and learn how to:
- Increase prices with ideas from poker to Play-Doh
- Build revenue by learning about the $14 million license plate
- Get better leads through hypnosis by Sigmund Freud and Steve Jobs
- Attract raving fans by following the cult of pistachio ice cream
Whether you realize it or not, your brand is already applying one of the seven Advantages Hogshead describes here: Innovation, Passion, Power, Prestige, Mystique, Alert, or Trust. The question is, how can you apply these core Advantages to stand out in a crowded and distracted world? Hundreds of large corporations, small businesses, and universities—including Twitter, IBM, Porsche, and New York University—use the Fascinate system to captivate their customers. Why? The answers are in this book.